The Latest Energy Headlines
- Borneo Stalagmites Provide New View of Abrupt Climate Events Over 100,000 Years
- Soft Matter Offers Ways to Study Arrangement of Ordered Materials in Non-spherical Spaces
- IRI Intros: 5 Questions with Tim Lieuwen
- Wireless "Smart Skin" Sensors Could Provide Remote Monitoring of Infrastructure
- Surface Diffusion Plays a Key Role in Defining the Shapes of Catalytic Nanoparticles
The Strategic Energy Institute was established to serve as a conduit for integrating, facilitating, and enabling Institute-wide programs in energy research and development. Engaging the best and brightest from industry, government, and academia, SEI will create innovative solutions to current and future energy challenges.
- SEI develops technologies, policies, and educational programs that have the potential for offering high-impact solutions to pressing near-term energy issues.
- SEI engages in fundamental energy-related research that will have a long-term, transformative effect on our nation's energy future.
Energy at Georgia Tech
The Strategic Energy Institute (SEI) represents Georgia Tech's commitment to serve as a national resource for energy information dissemination and to play a leadership role in the transition to a more sustainable energy economy.
“The research strategy for Georgia Tech, in support of our overall Institute's strategic vision and plan, is to concurrently create transformative opportunities based on faculty-thought leadership, to strengthen collaborative partnerships with industry and government, and to enhance economic development in concert with addressing important societal issues. Over seventy-five faculty members, spanning fundamental research, translational research, transition and economic development support, and related educational programs, are implementing this strategy through their leading-edge work with one significant result—increasing technological and policy leadership at the state, national, and international levels.”
Georgia Tech Executive Vice President of Research